Swedish Cauliflower Soup
|Cauliflower||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Plain flour||2 1⁄4 Tablespoon (2 Rounded Tablespoon)|
|Stock/Water and two soup cubes||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced|
1) Rinse the cauliflower thoroughly, separate into flowerlets and remove any tough stems.
2) In a large saucepan, place the cauliflower, cover with water and add 1 teaspoon salt.
3) Cook for about 15 or 20 minutes until soft.
4) Drain thoroughly, then beat the cauliflower to a pulp and keep aside.
5) In a saucepan, melt the butter, add the flour, salt and pepper to taste.
6) Stir until smooth, then cook for 1 to 2 minutes without browning.
7) Pour in the stock, stir constantly and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture boils and slightly thickens.
8) In a bowl, blend the egg yolks and cream together.
9) Stir in a little hot soup, blend well and return the mixture into the saucepan and bring to just below boiling point.
10) Then stir in the cauliflower pulp and parsley and heat thoroughly.
11) Serve the Swedish Cauliflower Soup piping hot with sippets.
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.3 mg28.4%
Sodium 454.6 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 9 g18.7%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 122.8%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet