|Apricot preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen pound cake||12 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Dry cocoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Not A Mix)|
|Dark corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|10x confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, heat 4 tablespoons of water until bubbling.
2) Add in the preserves and sugar, heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Pass the preserve mixture through a sieve.
4) Slice the cake in thirds both crosswise and lengthwise to make nine pieces.
5) Further slice each piece into thirds to make 27 little bar-shaped cake pieces.
6) Arrange on racks over wax paper and stream apricot glaze over tops.
7) In a saucepan, mix together cocoa, remaining water, corn syrup and butter or margarine.
8) Heat the cocoa mixture gently, stirring continuously, until butter is melted.
9) Take the pan away from heat and beat in 10X sugar.
10) Spoon over cakes several times.
11) Dredge the tops with sliced almonds, if desired and serve.
Calories 536 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.9%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 34.1 mg11.4%
Sodium 183.7 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g35.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 81.3 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet