Apple Mint Meringues
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Eating apples||12 Ounce, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (350 Grams)|
|Granulated artificial sweetener||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon Leveled)|
|Fresh mint sprigs||4|
|Greek style natural yogurts||5 Ounce (150 Grams)|
|Icing sugar||15 Milliliter (1 Level Tablespoon)|
|Fresh mint sprig||3 (For Decoration)|
|Apple slices||4 (For Decoration)|
1. Preheat the oven at 140°C (275°F) mark 1
2. In a bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
3. Add 30 ml (2 level tbsp) caster sugar, whisk again until stiff and shiny and fold in the remaining sugar.
4.On a sheet of non-stick baking parchment mark twelve 7.5 cm (3 inch) rounds.
5. Divide the meringue mixture among the rounds and spread with a round-bladed knife to fill. Alternatively, using a 0.5 cm (1/4 inch) plain nozzle, pipe the mixture into the rounds.
6. Bake in the preheated oven at for about 1 hour or until completely dried out and crisp.
7. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
8. In a saucepan place the apples with the artificial sweetener, four sprigs of mint and 30 ml (2 tbsp) water.
9. With cover cook very gently for about 10 minutes or until the apple has softened.
10. Cool, cover, chill for at least 1 hour and then discard the mint.
11. Spoon a little apple on to six meringue rounds and top with the yogurt and the remaining meringues.
12. Dust lightly with icing sugar and decorate with sprigs of fresh mint and apple slices and serve.
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 17.5 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.4%
Sugars 28.6 g
Protein 3 g5%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet