Classic French Beef Stroganoff
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced green onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef tenderloin/Sirloin||2 Pound, cut into 1/4 inch thick strips|
|Madeira||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||15 Tablespoon (1 cup minus 1 tablespoon)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1. In a frying pan heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
2. SautÃ© mushrooms in it for 5 minutes until light brown.
3. Add onions and stir fry for another minute.
4. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt over it.
5. Transfer mushrooms in a bowl.
6. Keep meat on paper towels to absorb moisture.
7. In a frying pan heat 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil until butter foam settles.
8. Add beef in batches and sautÃ© for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
9. Transfer beef into a separate bowl.
10. Into the frying pan add Madeira and bouillon. Boil rapidly and scrape up browned particles.
11. Reduce liquid to about 1/3 cup.
12. In a bowl mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cream.
13. Add remaining cream and beat.
14. Add cornstarch mixture and beat.
15. Cook and simmer for 1 minute.
16. Add sautÃ©ed mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
17. The sauce should be thick.
18. Adjust seasonings to taste.
19. Stir in meat to sauce and heat briefly.
20. Garnish with parsley and serve.