Norwegian Meat Pie
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bread cubes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Beef mince||3⁄4 Pound|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Bacon strips||5 , fried and crumbled|
|Sharp processed cheese||1⁄4 Pound, grated or cubed|
|Finely chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine 3 eggs, milk and remaining seasonings. Beat lightly and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine milk and 1 egg. Beat well, add bread cubes and mix well. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
4. Post 5 minutes, add sauce, beef, onion, salt and lemon juice. Mix well and transfer mixture on to a 9 inch x 10 inch pie pan. Spread evenly on to bottom and sides.
5. Top with crumbled bacon, cheese, celery and egg mixture.
6. Bake in pre heated oven for 15 minutes.
7. Reduce oven temperature to 175 C (350 F) and bake for 30 more minutes, or till egg custard is set.
8. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
9. Serve warm.
Calories 392 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.2%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 208.4 mg69.5%
Sodium 1338 mg55.8%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.7%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 23 g45.2%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 28% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet