Tutti Frutti Meringue Round
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 , separated into yolks and whites|
|Low fat vanilla yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Assorted fresh fruits||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 112.5 C (225 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine cream of tartar and egg whites. Beat till soft peak stage.
3. Add 1 cup sugar gradually and beat till stiff peak stage.
4. Spread mixture and shape like a shell with rim on to a lined 12 inch baking pizza pan.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
6. Once baked, allow to rest in oven for 1 more hour.
7. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine remaining sugar, orange peel, cornstarch, egg yolks and yoghurt. Mix well and cook on a medium flame till mixture thickens, while stirring continuously.
8. Remove off flame, cling wrap and refrigerate.
9. Place meringue shell on presentation platter and top with chilled custard and fruits. Serve immediately.