Redcurrant and Kiwi Pavlovas
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (125 g)|
|Almond essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||2 Teaspoon|
|Red currant||6 Ounce (175 g)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Ounce (to taste)|
|Maraschino liqueur||3 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||10 Fluid Ounce (1 carton, 284 ml)|
|Kiwi fruit||2 , sliced and quartered|
1) Preheat an oven at 140°C/275°F/Gas Mark 1.
2) In a bowl, add the egg whites and salt and whisk till stiff.
3) Slowly add in the caster sugar and continue to whisk, then whisk in the almond essence, vinegar and water.
4) On a parchment lined baking sheet, place 6 small rounds of the mix and flatten the centres.
5) Place in the oven for 1 hour.
6) Turn off the heat and allow the meringues to cool in the oven.
7) In a pan, add the redcurrants and gently cook for 2 minutes. Shaking the pan occasionally during cooking.
8) Take off from the heat, and stir in the granulated sugar and liqueur to taste and cool.
9) In a bowl, add the cream and whip till it forms peaks.
10) Gently fold in the redcurrants and their juice.
11) Arrange the pavlovas on a serving plate.
12) Fill each with the cream and top with kiwi slices.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2045 Calories from Fat 920
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g157.4%
Saturated Fat 67.6 g338.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 422.4 mg140.8%
Sodium 441.5 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 242 g80.7%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40.1%
Sugars 225.9 g
Protein 10 g19.5%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 255.3%
Calcium 26.1% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet