Dutch Plum Cake
|Sugar||1 1⁄8 Cup (18 tbs)|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sieved|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Prune plums||16 , pitted and halved (Ripe)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweetened whipped cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 187.5 C (375 F).
2. Grease an 8 inch x 8 inch baking pan with butter and keep aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup flour, 3/4 cup sugar and butter. Mix well using hands till they form a crumb texture. Keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Sieve together. Add 6 tablespoons sugar and lemon rind and mix well.
5. Add shortening and mix well using hands till they form a crumb texture.
6. Add milk and egg and gently mix into dough.
7. Spread on to greased pan and brush with butter.
8. Spread prunes evenly on dough and press gently.
9. Top with lemon juice and crumb mixture. Bake in pre heated oven for 45 minutes or till done.
10. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
11. Place on a serving tray and serve warm.