|Beef steak||2 Pound, cut into 8 1/4 inch thick slices|
|Onion||4 Medium, sliced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Chili sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 , sliced (optional)|
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, pepper and salt. Mix well and apply on to beef steak uniformly. Keep aside.
2. In a medium sized skillet, heat half quantity shortening and add onions.
3. Saute on a medium flame till onions turn golden brown in colour. Remove and keep aside.
4. In the same skillet, add remaining shortening and grill steak slices evenly on both sides.
5. Add celery, chilli sauce, garlic and water and mix well.
6. Cover and cook on a low flame for 1 hour.
7. Add browned onions and peppers and mix well.
8. Cook for 30 more minutes or till beef is cooked.
9. Transfer on to a serving platter and serve hot.