|Lemon||1 , juice extracted|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Tomatoes||3 , sliced|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to moderate, 350°F, 180°c, gas mark 4.
2. Grease a 2 quart casserole dish
3. Mix the lemon juice in water.
4. Peel the eggplant and cut into 1/3 inch slices.
5. Dip in the mixture of lemon and water and rinse in cold water.
6. In a pan boil some salted and cook until barely tender, about 8 minutes.
7. Drain the water and keep the slices on paper towel for excess water to be absorbed.
8. In the greased casserole dish arrange the eggplant at the bottom followed by onion and tomatoes.
9. Add the seasonings into flour and sprinkle over it and top with sour cream.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, take it out and rest for 10 minutes.
11. Serve hot with your favourite sauce and a crisp salad, for dinner or for lunch.
Calories 213 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.9 mg10%
Sodium 2965.8 mg123.6%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.2%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 51.6%
Calcium 11% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet