Pennsylvania Dutch Sausage
|Fresh pork trimming||20 Pound, cut into cubes|
|Salt||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Black pepper||6 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
1. Season the meat properly mixing it with the seasonings and grind twice, using 1/8 inch hole plate.
2. Remove the blade and attach the stuffer spout and force enough sausage into spout to fill it, try to avoid any air pockets.
3. Pull the casing over spout and feed on as much casing as spout will hold.
4. Push in as much mince in the casings as the desired length and then tie the ends together with a strong thread.
5. Hang the sausages to keep the shape round.
6. Use as desired by smoking or cooking fresh or freeze for later use.
Calories 213 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.1%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg21.5%
Sodium 827 mg34.5%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 20 g39.6%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet