Butterscotch Meringue Pie
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten slightly|
|9 inch baked pie shell||1|
1) In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Now, slowly add milk.
2) Taka a saucepan and cook the mixture on medium heat until it thickens and boils. Cook for about 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
3) Now, slowly add milk mixture to egg yolks in small quantities in the hot mixture and cook for a minute and stir constantly.
4) Fold in butter and vanilla and cool a bit.
5) Put the mixture into pastry shell and cool.
6) Put meringue and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
7) Serve the butterscotch meringue pie.