|Natural swiss cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated (2 Cups)|
|Gruyere cheese/1 pound natural swiss cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated (2 Cups)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), halved|
|Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Italian bread loaf||1|
1. In a large bowl toss cheese with flour.
2. Rub cut ends of garlic around bottom and side of a fondue dish or large heavy frying pan and pour in wine.
3. Heat very slowly just until bubbles start to rise from bottom of pan.
4. With a wooden spoon stir in cheese mixture, a small amount at a time, wait and add more until all of one addition has melted.
5. Do not let mixture boil at any time and stir in kirsch.
6. If frying pan is used for cooking, pour fondue into a heated chafing dish to keep hot while serving and sprinkle with paprika.
7. Cut bread into small pieces, leaving some crust on each and place in a basket.
8. Set out fondue or regular forks so everyone can spear a piece of bread on fork, then twirl into the simmering cheese sauce.