|Veal shank||12 (2 Inches Thick)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pernod liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh thyme||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh rosemary||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped shallots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic head||1⁄2 , peeled|
|Veal stock/Beef stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Italian flat leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (For Garnish)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon, grated (For Garnish)|
|Orange zest||2 Tablespoon, grated (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
2) Season the veal shanks with salt and pepper to taste.
3) In a large flameproof casserole or Dutch oven, heat the oil.
4) Sear the veal over a medium-high heat until evenly browned on all sides.
5) Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
6) In the same casserole, stir in the carrots, celery and onion, stir occasionally and saute, until vegetables brown and begin to caramelize.
7) Stir in the tomato paste, then red wine, orange juice and liqueur.
8) Bring the mixture to a boil, scraping the bottom of the pan, boil until reduced by half in volume.
9) Return the veal shanks into the casserole with the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
10) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
11) Cover the casserole and bake in the preheated oven for 2 hours or more until the veal is very tender.
12) Serve the Osso Buco straight from the casserole.
13) Serve the Osso Buco with noodle.