|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbaked 8 inch pastry shell||1|
1) In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon soda and then cut in butter until it is crumbly.
2) Now, in a bowl fold in molasses, 34 teaspoon soda, and hot water. Pour about 1/3 of the mixture into unbailed pastry shell and remaining 1/3 on the flour mixture.
3) Repeat the process with layering flour mixture at the top.
4) Then, bake it at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
5) Serve the shoofly pie when cool.