|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbaked 8 inch pastry shell||1|
1) In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon soda and then cut in butter until it is crumbly.
2) Now, in a bowl fold in molasses, 34 teaspoon soda, and hot water. Pour about 1/3 of the mixture into unbailed pastry shell and remaining 1/3 on the flour mixture.
3) Repeat the process with layering flour mixture at the top.
4) Then, bake it at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
5) Serve the shoofly pie when cool.
Calories 760 Calories from Fat 264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.6%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg10.1%
Sodium 382.2 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g38.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 48.6 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C
Calcium 10.3% Iron 31.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet