|Fruits||1 Pound (Apples, Currants, Damsons, Gooseberries, Plums, Rhubarb, Etc)|
|Sugar||6 Ounce, depending on the fruit used|
1. Preheat oven moderate to 375° F.
2. Prepare fruit and layer in greased pie dish with sugar.
3. In a bowl rub butter into flour.
4. Mix sugar to it and rub the mixture until the mixture forms small lumps.
5. Sprinkle the mixture over fruit.
6. Press down firmly and even the top.
7. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
8. Decrease temperature to 350° F and bake for 20-30 minutes.
9. Serve with custard sauce.