Hungarian Paprika Noodle Soup
|Beef neck bones||1 Pound|
|Vegetable oil/Bacon fat||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, cubed|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1 , cored and cubed|
|Green pepper||1 , cored and cubed|
|Egg noodles/Lasagna noodles||1⁄2 Pound, cooked according to package directions, and drained|
1) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and brown the beef neck bones.
2) Transfer the bones in a slow cooker.
3) In the same non-stick pan, pour in ½ cup of water and boil stirring continuously to scrape the browned bits.
4) Pour the bits to the meat along with the remaining water, potatoes, onions, paprika, and salt.
5) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
6) Take the neck bone out of the soup and chop the meat.
7) Return the chopped meat to the soup with the pepper and noodles.
8) Raise the heat and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
9) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley and freshly sliced bread.