Irish Coffee Brownies
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Irish whiskey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant coffee crystals||2 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Powdered sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Irish whiskey||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brewed coffee||4 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a baking pan and set aside.
3. In a saucepan, combine granulated sugar, butter and 1/2 cup cocoa powder on medium flame until butter melts. Stir constantly.
4. Remove the pan from heat.
5. Add eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla, use a spoon to beat lightly until combined.
6. In a bowl, combine together flour, baking powder and baking soda; set aside.
7. Further, add together milk and 1/4 cup Irish whiskey with coffee crystals followed by stirring flour mixture and milk mixture alternately to chocolate mixture.
8. Add 1 cup chopped nuts.
9. Onto the bottom of a greased pan, pour the batter.
10. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
11. Cool in pan on wire rack.
12. Meanwhile, add powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon Irish whiskey and 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla.
13. Blend enough brewed coffee to make of drizzling consistency.
14. Spread evenly over brownies.
15. Garnished with additional chopped nuts.
16. Cut into bars before serving.