Irish Coffee Brownies
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Irish whiskey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant coffee crystals||2 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Powdered sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Irish whiskey||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brewed coffee||4 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a baking pan and set aside.
3. In a saucepan, combine granulated sugar, butter and 1/2 cup cocoa powder on medium flame until butter melts. Stir constantly.
4. Remove the pan from heat.
5. Add eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla, use a spoon to beat lightly until combined.
6. In a bowl, combine together flour, baking powder and baking soda; set aside.
7. Further, add together milk and 1/4 cup Irish whiskey with coffee crystals followed by stirring flour mixture and milk mixture alternately to chocolate mixture.
8. Add 1 cup chopped nuts.
9. Onto the bottom of a greased pan, pour the batter.
10. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
11. Cool in pan on wire rack.
12. Meanwhile, add powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon Irish whiskey and 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla.
13. Blend enough brewed coffee to make of drizzling consistency.
14. Spread evenly over brownies.
15. Garnished with additional chopped nuts.
16. Cut into bars before serving.
Calories 916 Calories from Fat 334
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.4%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g88.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.8 mg44.6%
Sodium 166.8 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.5%
Sugars 94.6 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 0.36%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet