Carrot 'N Spice Bread
|Unsifted all purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), grated|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 5/8-inch pan and lightly grease it.
3) Take a small bowl and mix together sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
4) Take a large bowl and beat eggs in it. Add vanilla, carrots and oil. Blend until all the ingredients mix nicely together.
5) Add flour and blend again. Gently fold in the raisins and walnuts.
6) Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place pecan halves in a downward row at the center.
7) Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until a tester inserted at the center comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool while still in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on the wire rack.
8) Serve at lunch or dinner.