Russian Sauerkraut Soup
|Lean beef||1 Pound|
|Lean bacon slab||6 Ounce|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Leek/2 scallions||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Carrots||2 , cubed|
|Celery stalks||3 , cubed|
|Sauerkraut||1 Pound, rinsed well in cold water and drained|
|Hot dogs||4 , thickly sliced|
|Fresh dill leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a slow cooker, put together beef, bacon, water, onions, leek, garlic, carrots, sauerkraut and seasoning.
2) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
3) Take the beef and bacon out of the soup and cut into cubes.
4) Return the meat to the soup.
5) Raise the heat, put the lid and allow to cook for 10 to 20 minutes.
6) Serve the soup hot in a soup bowl, sprinkle dill and top with a dollop of sour cream.