Figgy Pudding is a really simple recipe to make and if you can get your head around the sheer amount of treacle unloaded into the bowl, it’s actually a surprisingly tasty pudding. Try it yourself!!
450 Gram, pureed
50 Gram, chopped
Bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F (gas mark 4).
2. Grease and flour a baking dish and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine butter, egg, treacle, pureed fig, cream, and walnut. Stir well after each addition.
4. Add baking powder, soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.
5. Fold in flour and pour batter in a baking dish. Spread evenly.
6. Pop the dish in oven and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and allow it to cool.
8. Cut into slices and serve with ice cream.