Barry cooks skate with a zingy tomato and caper sauce.
Low sodium salt
To Taste, divided
2 , prepared
200 Gram, deseeded and quartered
Dry white wine
1 Tablespoon, chopped
1. In a pan, pour in 150 ml water, wine vinegar, thyme, bay leaves and salt. Bring to a boil.
2. Add in the skate fish and cook for a few minutes.
3. In a saucepan, add in the butter and melt.
4. Add in the capers and stir for a few seconds.
5. Stir in the tomatoes and let it soften for 5 minutes.
6. Add in the chives and dry white wine. Squeeze the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes.
7. Place the fish in a serving plate and top with tomato sauce. Garnish with lemon slices and serve.