Baked Swiss Chard And Leek Pie
|Swiss chard||5 Cup (80 tbs), chopped|
|Leek||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic clove||2 Medium, minced|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded (White cheese Cotija, Panela, Farmers)|
|Puff pastry||200 Gram (2 pastries)|
|Black pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Remove Swiss chard leaves from stems. Rinse well, making sure to remove all of the dirt. Pat dry with a paper towel. Tear leaves into medium size pieces.
3. Cut white part of leek into rings. Place the rings in a large bowl of water and separate them. Change the water 3 to 4 times until all the dirt is removed.
4. Heat a large skillet with some olive oil and the butter.
5. Add the leeks and cook until translucent, for about 5 minutes.
6. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute.
7. Add the thyme, nutmeg and oregano. Cook for a couple of minutes.
8. Add the flour and cook for two to three minutes, stirring constantly.
9. Add the Swiss chard and mix until it wilts and reduces in size.
10. Add salt and pepper.
11. Add the egg and mix until egg is cooked through.
12. Add the cheese and remove from heat.
13. Place a sheet of puff pastry at the bottom of a 9×13 pie dish.
14. Add the Swiss chard mixture.
15. Cover with the second puff pastry sheet and press the edges on the side of your pan. 16. Cut little holes into the top pastry layer.
17. Place pie in oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until filling is bubbly, cheese is melted and pastry is browned.
18. Remove from oven and allow sitting for 5 minutes before serving.