If you like apple pie then you will love this version of apple pie bread. It's soft, moist and full of real apple-cinnamon flavor.
This recipe is super easy to whip up and it will leave your home smelling so divine. Perfect for those crisp autumn days. This apple pie bread works great as a dessert, paired up in the morning with coffee or packed in a lunchbox for an afternoon snack!
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), packed
1 Medium, lightly beaten
All purpose flour
2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs), diced
For crumb topping
All purpose flour
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed
3 Tablespoon, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Grease a bread pan or deep baking dish with butter. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix, butter, buttermilk, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Whisk them well to combine.
4. In another bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and mix well.
5. Add the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix well to form a thick batter.
6. Put the apples and mix well.
7. CRUMB TOPPING: In a bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, brown sugar and butter. Using a fork or hands, mix them to crumb consistency.
8. Take the greased pan and pour the bread batter into it. Spread evenly.
9. Put the crumb topping and sprinkle generously to cover the batter.
10. Place it in the oven and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean.
11. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
12. In a serving plate, slice the bread and serve it as dessert with ice cream or as it is.
Bread lovers delight. This apple pie bread has the goodness of an apple pie wrapped up in a quick bread. It is perfect dessert to end your meal. It has a wonderful aroma that brings in a new dimension to your meal. Warm, sweet bread that smells as good as it tastes!