|Butter||3 Ounce, softened|
|Demerara sugar||3 Ounce|
|Rolled oats||4 Ounce|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) In a bowl, put the butter. Beat well till creamy.
3) Mix together the oats and sugar and then gradually work them into the creamed butter till well blended.
4) Into a greased shallow 7-inch square cake tin, press the mixture and smooth the top.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, till the top is golden brown in color.
6) Let the preparation cool slightly in the tin and then mark into 12 bars with the help of a sharp knife. Loosen the edges.
7) Once the mixture is completely firm, turn out onto a wire rack and break into bars.
8) Let the bars cool completely.
9) If you wish to freeze the bars, flash freeze till firm, pack in a rigid container, seal, label and then freeze.
10) To serve without freezing, arrange the bars on a decorative serving platter and then serve at room temperature or slightly chilled. If using frozen bars, thaw them first at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours and then serve.