Key Lime Meringue Pie
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Tablespoon|
|Pinch salt||1 Pinch|
|Water||3 Tablespoon, cold|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated lime rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
2) Take the flour, coconut and pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix them well.
3) Add the shortening. Add 3 tablespoons of water and mix well.
4) Knead the flour and shape the dough into ball and chill.
5) Roll the ball into a circle.
6) Prick the bottom and sides with a fork.
7) Bake in hot oven for 12 minutes to make them golden brown.
8) Take a saucepan and add cornstarch, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
9) Add water and mix them well.
10) Cook them over medium heat.
11) Take the egg yolks and beat them.
12) Add 1/4 of hot mixture into the egg yolks.
13) Add to the remaining hot mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
14) Take away from the heat and add lime juice, margarine and lime rind. Fill this mixture into the pastry shell.
15) Mix the egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat them.
16) Add the remaining sugar and beat them properly.
17) Spread the meringue over filling and seal the edge of a pie crust.
18) Bake the pie crust for 12 minutes at the temperature of 350 degrees.
19) Allow them to cool.
20) Serve warm or cold.