Russian Veal Stroganoff
|Egg noodles||6 Ounce (1/2 Of 12 Ounce Package)|
|Veal cutlets||1 Pound|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chablis/Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Low fat yogurt||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Lowfat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 1/2 Teaspoons)|
1) Cook noodles without salt according to package directions,
2) Drain the noodles and set aside.
3) Remove excess fat from curlets.
4) Cut them into 2-x 1/2-inch strips.
5) In a shallow dish, combine flour, paprika, and pepper.
6) Dredge veal strips in flour mixture.
7) Take a large skillet and coat it with cooking spray.
8) Add oil, and place over medium-high heat until hot.
9) Place cutlet strips in the skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until browned on all sides.
10) Remove strips from skillet, and drain on paper towels; set aside.
11) To the skillet, add wine, mushrooms, and chives; cover and cook 3 minutes.
12) Stir in yogurt, sour cream, cornstarch, and salt.
13) Again transfer the strips to skillet.
14) Cook until thoroughly heated.
15) Spoon veal mixture over cooked noodles.
16) Serve the veals stroganoff warm.
Calories 467 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.5%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 139.2 mg46.4%
Sodium 272.2 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 38 g75%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 16.7% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet