|Onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced into rings|
|Canned tomatoes||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Beef stock||1 Pint|
|Frozen brussels sprouts||8 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Frozen sweet corn||6 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, grated (for finish)|
|Toast slice||4 , crusts removed and cut into cubes (for finish)|
1) In a pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© onions until soft.
2) Stir in tomatoes, stock, sprouts, corn and seasoning.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
4) Add in half of cheese and place the mixture in a heatproof serving dish.
5) Place the toast cubes on the top.
6) Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the sprouts mixture.
7) Put the dish under broiler, about 3 inches below the heat and broil until golden brown at top.
8) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so before adding the cheese. Place the cooled sprouts mixture in a plastic container.
9) Seal, label and freeze the container until needed.
10) Serve hot garnished with parsley if desired.
11) If using the frozen sprouts mixture thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
12) In a saucepan, reheat the sprouts mixture gently on the top of stove, stirring occasionally.
13) Further cook as mentioned in steps 4, 5, 6 and 7.
14) Serve as mentioned in step 10.