|Self raising flour||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef suet||2 Ounce, shredded (50 gram)|
|Cold water||6 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon (preferably mild sweet Swedish mustard)|
|Cooked ham slices||4 (good quality)|
|Emmental cheese slices||4|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||4 Dash|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Garlic clove||1 Small|
1. In a mixing bowl, combine together the flour and salt and add the herbs and suet.
2. Add sufficient water to make a soft dough, knead the dough lightly on a floured surface and divide it into four equal portions.
3. Roll out each to give a rectangle measuring about 10 x 15 cm/4 x 6 inch.
4. Spread a little mustard to taste over the dough and fold the ham slices so that they will fit on the rectangles.
5. Place the cheese on top, folding the slices if necessary.
6. Dampen the edges of the dough and fold the rectangle in half, to completely enclose the ham and cheese.
7. The rectangles should measure approximately 10 x 7.5 cm/4 x 3 inches.
8. Pinch the edges of the dough together to seal them and lay the dumplings on a sheet of buttered foil.
9. Fold the edges of the foil firmly together to prevent any steam from entering and lay the package on the steaming rack in the wok.
10. Pour in enough water to come up to the level of the rack without wetting the foil, then bring to the boil and put the lid on the wok.
11. Boil for 30 minutes.
12. While the dumplings are cooking prepare the accompaniment.
13. Trim the celery and cut it into fine strips.
14. Cut the spring onions into similar-sized strips and do the same with the courgettes.
15. Combine all these ingredients together in a basin and pour over the oil and lemon juice, then season to taste and crush the garlic over.
16. Mix thoroughly before transferring to a serving platter.
17. When the dumplings are cooked arrange them on the salad and serve immediately.
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.3%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.3 mg11.4%
Sodium 547 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 18 g35.5%
Vitamin A 20.6% Vitamin C 39.3%
Calcium 44.6% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet