Tuna Swiss Baked Patties
|Canned white tuna in water||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
|Shredded swiss cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft whole wheat breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) In a colander, add in the tuna. Wash under cold water for about a minute. Let drain.
3) In a large skillet, melt the margarine over a low flame.
4) Toss in the onions and saute till they become tender.
5) Mix in the flour. Stir to get a smooth mixture. Keep stirring for 1 minute.
6) Slowly, add in the milk. Keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick and bubbly.
7) Take the skillet off the heat.
8) Mix in the tuna, parsley, worcestershire sauce, mustard, lemon juice, pepper, egg yolk, Swiss cheese and breadcrumbs.
9) Cover the mixture and chill.
10) Once chilled, divide the mixture into 6 equal portions. Shape the mixture into individual patties.
11) In a bowl, mix the egg and water.
12) Dip the patties in the egg mixture and then into the seasoned breadcrumbs mixture.Coat well.
13) Arrange the coated patties on a 12X8X2-inch baking dish.
14) Bake for about 20 minutes or till the patties become slightly brown.
15) Serve the Tuna Swiss Baked Patties with a cheesy dipping sauce and mustard.