Braised Chicory Belgian Endive
|Chicory head||8 , trimmed and blanched|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken stock||4 Fluid Ounce|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Arrange the chicory in an ovenproof dish.
3) Sprinkle the chicory with the butter, nutmeg, lemon juice and season to taste.
4) Stream over the stock, and put the lid on.
5) Bake in oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the chicory is tender.
6) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Cool, seal, label and freeze the chicory.
7) Serve hot garnished with lemon slices if desired.
8) If using the frozen beans mixture, Place the chicory in a casserole dish and cover.
9) Reheat in a preheated moderate oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through.
10) Serve as mentioned in step 7.