Dried Fruit Trail Mix
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), or flaked|
|Sunflower seeds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pitted prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Sunsweet)|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Sunsweet)|
|Dried apples||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Sunsweet)|
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
2. In a baking pan, add walnuts, coconut and sunflower seeds.
3. In the preheated oven, bake the mixture for about 10 minutes, stirring twice, to allow even toasting. Allow to cool.
4. Add prunes, apricots, apples to the cooled toasted mixture and combine.
5. Cool and serve or store in an air tight container.
Calories 647 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.4%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 36 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 15.1 g60.3%
Sugars 56.7 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 44.7% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet