|Onion||1 Small, peeled and chopped|
|Beetroot||1 Pound, freshly cooked, peeled and diced|
|Chicken stock||2 Pint|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Soured cream||1⁄4 Pint (for finish)|
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and sautÃ© onion and beetroot for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Blend in the flour, then the stock.
3) Allow the beet mixture to boil, stirring constantly, season to taste.
4) Put the lid on and simmer for 30 minutes.
5) Remove from heat, using a hand blender, blend the beet mixture to smooth puree.
6) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup mixture in a plastic container.
7) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
Serve hot topped with a dollop of sour cream.
8) If using frozen soup, in a saucepan, place the frozen soup and reheat gently on top of stove, stirring occasionally.
9) Serve as mentioned in step 8.