Lemon Cheese Meringue
|Lemon||1 (use finely grated rind and juice)|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄2 Pound, sieved|
|For meringue topping|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce|
|Crystallized lemon slices||4 (for garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Make the custard by add egg yolks, sugar, flour and 1 tablespoon of milk in a bowl. Mix well.
3) In a saucepan, boil the rest of the milk.
4) Slowly pour in a little of the boiled milk into the the egg-flour mixture, while stirring continously.
5) Pour the mixture back into the pan. Stir constantly.
6) Take the pan off the flame. Let cool slightly. Stir in the grated lemon rind and juice along with the cottage cheese. Blend well.
7) Take an ovenproof diah, and transfer in the custard into it. Bake for about 15 minutes.
8) If you want to freeze the custard, pack it in a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze the bag.
9) To make the meringue topping, in a large bowl, beat the egg whites stiff. Add half the amount of sugar and beat till smooth.
10) Gently fold in the remaining sugar.
11) Pipe the meringue over the custard before serving.
12) Bake for 10 minutes till the top becomes golden brown. Garnish with crystallized lemon slices.
13) To thaw the frozen custard, take its wrappings off. Let thaw at room temperature for about 4 hours.
14) Perform steps 11 and 12 before serving.