|Lamb kidneys||12 , skin and cores removed and cut into thick slices|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 gram)|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared french mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) In a large pan, saute the kidneys in 1/4 cup butter over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Remove the kidneys with a slotted spoon, allow to cool and transfer to a freezer friendly container.
3) In the same pan, saute the onion for 2 minutes, until softened.
4) Stir in the wine and lemon juice, then boil over a high heat, until the liquid has reduced by about 1/3.
5) Remove from heat, then combine the mustard with the rest of the butter and gradually swirl into the sauce.
6) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Pour the cooled sauce over the kidneys, seal, label and freeze.
7) Serve the Oxford Kidneys immediately on a serving platter.
8) If using the frozen dish, reheat gently while stirring occasionally. Serve hot or as indicated in step 7.