Romertopf Swiss Potatoes
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated nutmeg||To Taste|
|Onions||3 , chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 475F.
2) Scrub the potatoes to remove all dirt.
3) Bake the potatoes in their jackets for about 20 minutes or till done. Let the potatoes cool down, before peeling their skin off and shredding.
4) Into a soaked German romertopf, add in the shredded potato.
5) In a skillet, melt butter. Saute the chopped onions for a few minutes.
6) Add in the onions into the romertopf.
7) In a bowl, stir in sour cream, salt and lots of grated nutmeg. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and onions.
8) Place the romertopf in the oven until ready.
9) Serve the Romertopf Swiss Potatoes hot, garnished with chopped parsley leaves and grated cheese.