Raspberry and Cream Swiss Jelly Roll
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce|
|Warm water||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essence||3 Drop|
|Castor sugar||1 Tablespoon (for sprinkling)|
|Raspberries||6 Ounce, crushed|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint, whipped|
|Castor sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Butter a 12X9 inch Swiss Roll Jelly Pan. Line it with a buttered non-stick parchment paper upto about 1/2-inch above the sides.
3) In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together to get a light and fluffy mixture.
4) Add in sifted flour, water and vanilla extract. Blend well.
5) Transfer the mixture into the jelly pan. Bake for about 10 minutes till the cake is firm to touch.
6) On a damp dish towel, place a large sheet of waxed paper. Sprinkle castor sugar on it. Unmould the cake upside down over the sugar.
7) Peel off the paper lining gently.
8) Slice 1/4 inch off the cake from all sides. Fold in the cake along with the paper inside. Keep the cake in position for several minutes. Unroll and remove the lining paper.
9) In a bowl, add in the ingredients for the filling - raspberries, double cream and castor sugar. Fold in all well.
10) Spread the filling over the cake. Roll it up gently while keeping the join underneath.
At this stage you may freeze the cake. Wrap it in cling foil and transfer to a freezer bag. Freeze till use.
To thaw the cake, let it refrigerate overnight.