|Icing sugar||6 Ounce, sifted (175 gram)|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Distilled vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Strawberries/Raspberries||4 Ounce, hulled and sliced (100 gram)|
|Stoned cherries||4 Ounce, roughly chopped (100 gram)|
|Ripe apricots||4 , halved, stoned and roughly chopped|
|Ripe peaches||2 , halved, stoned and sliced|
|Passion fruit||3 , skinned and roughly chopped|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint, stiffly whipped (300 milliliter)|
1) Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F or Gas Mark 2.
2) Line a baking sheet with non-stick parchment paper and draw a circles, 7 inches in diameter.
3) In a bowl, beat the egg whites until very stiff and dry.
4) Beat in half the sugar and beat until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
5) In another bowl, combine rest of the sugar with the cornflour and fold into the mixture along with the vanilla essence and vinegar.
6) Spoon the meringue on the prepared circle to make a bowl-shaped shell and swirl the meringue around the shell.
7) Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until crisp and lightly coloured.
8) Remove from the oven, allow to cool, then peel off the parchment paper.
9) Fold the fruit into the whipped cream, spoon in the centre of the meringue then place the passion fruit on top.
10) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Freeze, pack in a freezer friendly container, cover with foil then seal, label and freeze.
11) Serve the Pavlova Cake on a serving platter.
12) If using the frozen dish, remove on a serving platter, thaw in the refrigerator for 5 to 6 hours and serve.