Chocolate Swiss Jelly Roll
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||3 Drop|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter cream icing||8 Ounce (made with 4 ounce butter)|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (for sprinkling)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Butter a 14X10inch Swiss Roll Jelly Pan. Line it with a buttered non-stick parchment paper upto about 1/2-inch above the sides.
3) In a heatproof bowl, add in the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Place the bowl over a pan of slowly simmering water. Beat till it becomes thick and creamy.
4) Take the bowl off the flame. Beat for 2 more minutes. Sift in cocoa and flour. Slowly add in warm water. Fold it all in well.
5) Transfer the batter into the jelly pan. Bake for 12 minutes till the cake becomes firm to touch.
6) On a damp dish towel, place a large sheet of waxed paper. Sprinkle castor sugar on it. Unmould the cake upside down over the sugar.
7) Peel off the paper lining gently.
8) Slice 1/4 inch off the cake from all sides. Fold in the cake along with the paper inside. Keep the cake in position for several minutes. Unroll and remove the lining paper.
9) Sprinkle icing sugar over the cake. Roll it up with the join underneath. Sprinkle with more sugar.
10) At this stage you may freeze the cake by wrapping in a cling film and then the freezer bag. Freeze the bag.
11) To thaw the cake, let it rest at room temperature for about 2 hours.