Filipino Chicken & Pork Adobo
|Pork||1⁄2 Kilogram, cut in cubes|
|Chicken||1⁄2 Kilogram, cut into pieces|
|Garlic head||1 , minced|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 , diced|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooking oil/Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a big sauce pan or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil then sauté the minced garlic and onions.
2. Add the pork and chicken to the pan. Add 2 cups of water, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, vinegar, paprika and the bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or when meat is tender.
3. Remove the pork and chicken from the sauce pan and on another pan, heat cooking oil and brown the pork and chicken for a few minutes.
4. Mix the browned pork and chicken back to the sauce and add cornstarch dissolved in water to thicken.
5. Season with salt and pepper; bring to a boil then simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Serve hot with steamed rice.