|Rhubarb||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
1) Slice the rhubarb into 1/2 inch slices.
2) In a pan, combine the rhubarb with water and sugar, simmer until mushy.
3) Stir in the vanilla extract.
4) In a small bowl, blend the cornstarch with a little cold water and stir into the rhubarb mixture.
5) Stir continuously and cook for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
6) Serve the Rhubarb Flummery warm or chilled with cream, sugar and butter cookies.