Fresh Rhubarb Betty
|Diced fresh rhubarb||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Quick cooking tapioca||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Soft bread crumbs||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, sugar, tapioca, lemon and orange rinds and salt together; keep aside.
3) In another bowl, mix the bread crumbs, melted butter and vanilla extract together.
4) In a 1 1/2 quart casserole, arrange layers of rhubarb and bread crumbs alternately, with rhubarb at the bottom and bread crumbs on top.
5) Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
6) Uncover and bake for another about 10 minutes, until the bread crumbs are browned.
7) Serve the warm Fresh Rhubarb Betty on serving plates.