Tangy Rhubarb Ice
|Cooked rhubarb||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop (Few Drops)|
1) Crush the rhubarb and pass through a strainer.
2) In a pan, combine the rhubarb with 1 cup water, sugar and salt.
3) Cook the rhubarb mixture until thoroughly heated.
4) In a large bowl, stir the gelatin in 1/4 cup water to soften.
5) Stir in the lemon juice, rhubarb mixture and red food coloring; blend thoroughly.
6) In a crank-type freezer, or refrigerator freeze the mixture, until firm 1 inch from edge of the tray.
7) In a cold bowl, remove the mixture and beat with rotary beater until fluffy.
8) Return the rhubarb mixture into the tray and freeze, until firm.
9) Serve the Tangy Rhubarb Ice in plates or bowls.