|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sieved|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Currants||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat an oven to 175C (350 F).
2. Grease a 9 inch x 13 inch baking pan. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sauce pan, combine all ingredients required for filling and mix well.
4. Cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till mixture thickens.
5. Remove off flame and keep aside to cool.
6. In a large sized bowl, combine all the ingredients except butter and nuts. Mix well.
7. Cut frozen butter into coarse chunks and add to this mixture.
8. Using hands, combine frozen butter with flour mixture till texture of mixture is crumbly. Do not over mix since the heat of your palms will melt the butter.
9. Spread half quantity of this mixture evenly on to pan and press evenly.
10. Pour cooled currant mixture and spread evenly.
11. Add nuts to remaining butter-flour mixture and sprinkle evenly on top of filling.
12. Press gently and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
13. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
14. Cut into wedges or slices and serve.