|Boneless chuck||3 1⁄2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||21 Ounce (2 Cans, 10 1/2 Ounces Each)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||1 Pound, halved|
|Small whole white onions||1 Pound|
|Cooked wide noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use As Required)|
1) Trim off the fat from the beef chuck and slice into 1-inch cubes.
2) In a large heavy pan, saute the beef in shortening, until browned; pour off the excess drippings.
3) Stir in the mushroom soup, sour cream, water, paprika, and pepper.
4) Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally for 1 hour.
5) Stir in the onions and carrots, mix thoroughly.
6) Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally for another 1 hour, or until the beef and vegetables are tender.
7) Serve the Stroganoff Stew, immediately with cooked wide noodles.