|Boneless chuck||3 1⁄2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||21 Ounce (2 Cans, 10 1/2 Ounces Each)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||1 Pound, halved|
|Small whole white onions||1 Pound|
|Cooked wide noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use As Required)|
1) Trim off the fat from the beef chuck and slice into 1-inch cubes.
2) In a large heavy pan, saute the beef in shortening, until browned; pour off the excess drippings.
3) Stir in the mushroom soup, sour cream, water, paprika, and pepper.
4) Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally for 1 hour.
5) Stir in the onions and carrots, mix thoroughly.
6) Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally for another 1 hour, or until the beef and vegetables are tender.
7) Serve the Stroganoff Stew, immediately with cooked wide noodles.
Calories 804 Calories from Fat 287
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.7%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 12.9 mg4.3%
Sodium 458.4 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.2%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 79 g158.5%
Vitamin A 263.8% Vitamin C 18%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet