Quick Surprise Dessert
|Soda biscuits||12 , crushed|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Yellow sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fine coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cherry pie filling||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Pre heat an oven to 175C (350F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine crushed biscuits, flour, baking soda, sugar and butter. Mix well using a wooden spoon.
3. Add coconuts and nuts, mix well and transfer half quantity on to a 8 inch square baking pan.
4. Press uniformly till even at all ends.
5. Top with cherry pie filling and spread uniformly.
6. Cover evenly with remaining biscuit mixture and press gently.
7. Bake in pre heated oven for 20 minutes.
8. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
Cut into slices and serve warm with whipped cream and a dessert cheese of your choice.