Swiss Steak With Carrots & Potatoes
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Round steak||1 Pound (1/4-Inch Thick)|
|Condensed onion soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||4 Medium, cut in 2-inch pieces|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, cut in half|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Pound the flour and pepper into steak with a meat hammer or edge of a heavy saucer.
2) Slice the steak into 4 serving- size pieces.
3) In a large skillet, saute the steak in shortening, until browned on both sides.
4) Stir in the onion soup, water, carrots and potatoes.
5) Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally for 45 minutes, or until tender.
6) Garnish with parsley and serve the Swiss Steak with Vegetables immediately.