Rich Fruit Crumble
|Prepared fruit||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Dark muscavado sugar||2 Ounce (Or More To Taste, Soft Variety)|
|Ground mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the crumble topping|
|Wholemeal flour/Granary flour||5 Ounce|
|Rye flakes||1 Ounce|
|Millet||1⁄2 Ounce, flaked|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft margarine||4 Ounce|
|Dark muscavado sugar||2 Ounce (Soft Variety)|
1) In a large deep dish, put the fruit.
2) On high power, cook covered for 5 minutes or until hot, stirring once in between. If you are using frozen fruit, cook for 10 minutes.
3) Then, add the sugar and spice.
4) Let stand covered while you prepare the topping. This helps in dissolving the sugar.
5) Into a mixing bowl or a blender, add the flour, flakes, margarine and sesame seeds.
6) Blend together until you can see pea-sized moist crumbs.
7) To this, add the well-crushed sugar.
8) Then, stir the fruit and add on the topping and smoothen the surface.
9) On high power, cook uncovered for 8 to 12 minutes or until the topping is firm, yet not crisp.
10) Let stand for 5 minutes, by when the topping will become crisp.
11) Serve the Fruit Crumble as a delicious dessert.