|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Walnuts/Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Strawberry jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. In a bowl cream butter until soft and beat adding sugar gradually, until light and fluffy.
3. beat hard adding egg yolks and vanilla.
4. In a bowl sift cardamom and allspice with flour, gradually add to butter mixture, mixing thoroughly and stir in chopped nuts.
5. into a greased 8-inch square cake pan spoon half of the dough and spread evenly.
6. Top with strawberry jam and cover with remaining dough.
7. Bake in the preheated oven 1 hour until lightly browned.
8. Cool and cut into about 1 1/2-inch squares.
9. Serve Czechoslovakian Cookies with beverages or milk.