Flank Steak Stroganoff
|Flank steak||2 1⁄4 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), halved|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Canned button mushrooms||12 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 6 Ounce Each)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Beef bouillon cubes||3 , crumbled|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can, Undiluted)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh dill leaves||1 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Place steak on a chopping board and using a sharp knife, trim of any excess fat.
2. Slice across the grain to cut into 2 ½ inch pieces, each ¼ inch thick.
3. In a heavy bottomed large skillet, add 2 tablespoons of butter.
4. Once hot, sear beef pieces on both sides, till uniformly brown.
5. Once all pieces are seared, remove on to a plate.
6. In the same skillet, add remaining butter.
7. Add onions and garlic and sautÃ© on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
8. Add mushrooms and sautÃ© for 2 more minutes, while stirring continuously.
9. Remove garlic at this point of time.
10. Add flour, salt, pepper and bouillon cubes and mix well. Ensure flour is well combined in the mixture.
11. Add beef broth and bring to a boil, while stirring continuously.
12. Once boiled, reduce heat and simmer for 5 more minutes.
13. Add dill leaves, white wine and sour cream. Mix well.
14. Add seared beef and simmer for 6 to 8 more minutes.
15. Serve immediately with steamed rice or herb rice (rice tossed in butter and fresh herbs).
If you don-€™t want to use dill leaves, you can alternatively use 1 ½ teaspoons of dried Dill weed in this recipe.
In order to ensure easy slicing of steak, freeze it for at least 15 minutes before slicing it.
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.2%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.8 mg24.6%
Sodium 996.4 mg41.5%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.97 g3.9%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 30 g60.4%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet